Far North Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031
The Far North Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031 is the over-arching plan for the region and operates in conjunction with other statutory planning tools including:
- state planning policies
- local government planning schemes
- state planning regulatory provisions
- development assessment processes
The statutory plan must be followed by state agencies and local governments in their planning and when assessing development.
As well as adopting the plan's policies, each local council is required to amend its planning scheme to align with the FNQ Regional Plan.
The plan applies to five local government areas:
- Cairns Regional Council ( 390 KB)
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council ( 388 KB)
- Tablelands Regional Council ( 390 KB)
- Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council ( 491 KB)
- Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council ( 304 KB).
The Far North Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031 was developed under the Integrated Planning Act 1997 and remains current under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
Download the plan
- Cover ( 255 MB)
- Foreword, Contents, Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D ( 924 KB)
- Part E, 1 - 2 ( 551 KB)
- Part E, 3 - 4 ( 611 KB)
- Part E, 5 - 8 ( 770 KB)
- Part F, pages 137 to 147 ( 1.46 MB)
- Part F, pages 148 to 157 ( 2.28 MB)
- Part F, pages 158 to back cover ( 2.44 MB)
To order a printed copy contact the department’s regional office.