- resource use, conservation and management
- economic development
- social and cultural development
- education, training and research
- planning and governance.
Areas covered by planThe plan covers a diverse area and includes the local government areas of:
- Banana Shire Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council.
AimsThe regional plan is focused on obtaining the following outcomes:
- Providing strategies designed to improve the quality of life for communities, particularly regarding access to facilities and services, infrastructure provision and sustainable environmental practices.
- Providing governments with a regional focus on fundamental strategic-planning issues.
- Providing a decision-making framework that ensures complementary actions by the Australian, state and local governments and the private and community sectors, to create desirable long-term growth and development objectives and avoid duplication and inefficient use of resources.
- Forming the basis of a comprehensive regional framework to be implemented through local government strategic plans and providing guidance for state and local government planning and development decisions.
- Positioning the region to maximise competitive advantage and future sustainability.
- Providing the framework for planned growth for the Central Queensland region.
The vision established through the consultative process of the plan is:
Central Queensland aspires to be the most diverse and prosperous region in Australia.
This will be achieved by economic growth that is ecologically sustainable and where people and industry work in harmony with the environment for the benefit of both present and future generations while respecting the diversity of our past.
The regional plan was developed under the Integrated Planning Act 1997 and remains current under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
Complete documentCentral Queensland Regional Plan (Central Queensland Regional Growth Management Framework) ( 1.8 MB)
- Cover ( 122 KB)
- Introduction ( 181 KB)
- Table of contents ( 53 KB)
- Section 1 ( 102 KB)
- Section 2 ( 216 KB)
- Section 3 ( 975 KB)
- Section 4 ( 137 KB)
- Section 5 ( 94 KB)
- Appendices ( 438 KB)